This morning the AEMO published the final version of the 2022 Integrated System Plan.
The official PDF of the report itself is available here on the AEMO website. There are 7 discrete appendices that accompany the document which can be found on the ISP’s homepage. A high-level infographic (screenshot shown below) has also been published as part of its release.
Early media coverage about the 2022 ISP
Below is a list of the articles that I found during a quick scan this morning covering the release of the ISP:
- The Guardian’s Peter Hannam has written What Australia’s power grid urgently needs for ‘once-in-a-century transformation’ away from fossil fuels
- Colin Packham and Angela Macdonald-Smith of the AFR have posted AEMO chief’s sleepless nights amid flat-out pace of change
- Mike Foley and Nick Toscano at the Sydney Morning Herald have published ‘Act now’: Grid chief urges renewable boom as early coal closures loom
- Perry Williams of the Australian has written Put renewables on fast track, says AEMO
- Giles Parkinson of RenewEconomy has published Coal may exit Australia’s grid a lot quicker than most people think, and later wrote “Rapid and irreversible:” AEMO says energy crisis is accelerating switch to renewables
- ABC’s political reporter Melissa Clarke has written AEMO calls for urgent investment in key projects to shore up electricity supply