A quick note with a snapshot from NEMwatch for the 07:35 dispatch interval this morning:
We can see that:
1) The spot price in South Australia above $4,000/MWh;
2) It’s been up for a number of dispatch intervals and had spiked above $12,000/MWh at 07:30;
3) It’s a repeat of similar behaviour also on Wednesday morning
4) ‘Market Demand’ is ramping up for its morning peak;
5) There’s low renewable generation (low wind overnight and also too early for solar) – meaning a region running on gas-fired generation currently;
6) Imports are also very constrained.
Nothing further at this point.